Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 29
Grandmaster Flash interview
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Grandmaster Flash interview

  1. #1
    cyberina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    On the fringe..
    Posts
    2,150

    Grandmaster Flash interview

    I was in the car, and caught an interview on NPR with Grandmaster Flash.

    He was explaining how he learned his skill, and how he developed the mixing techniques he pioneered..
    He explained a lot of his techniques, and then spoke over a few of his tracks explaining how he put them together much like a director's commentary on a DVD.

    It kicked much ass, and I'm bummed I couldn't get to a computer quickly enough to tell anyone about it when it was still on..
    If I had an updated signature, it would go here.

    Rocket Radio
    Friday nights from midnight - 4a
    on KNON 89.3 FM in Dallas, TX
    or via live Internet broadcast at http://www.knon.org

  2. #2
    Street Urchin Coconutfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,167
    Just before him they interviewed Melly Mel. I love catching their interviews mid-afternoon.
    The Cosmic Cocks
    "We are travelers from the furthest regions of experience. Demons to some, Angels to others."

  3. #3
    Roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    38,424
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberina View Post
    I was in the car, and caught an interview on NPR with Grandmaster Flash.

    He was explaining how he learned his skill, and how he developed the mixing techniques he pioneered..
    He explained a lot of his techniques, and then spoke over a few of his tracks explaining how he put them together much like a director's commentary on a DVD.

    It kicked much ass, and I'm bummed I couldn't get to a computer quickly enough to tell anyone about it when it was still on..

    I've heard that one before. Great interview.


    When I opened for him at LL, Don called me that afternoon and asked me to come over there because Flash wanted to go through a few things with me so we didn't play the same stuff. I ended up hanging with him for several hours, rapping about records and old times, going through his, and even juggling the tables back and forth with each other. One of the greatest experiences ever. VERY cool cat.
    Paved Groovement, Nervous, Eighth Dimension, Manuscript, Motion, Grab, Akashic, Space Walker...

    www.soundcloud.com/roos

  4. #4
    Street Urchin Coconutfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,167
    also not sure if it has been posted but grand master flash and the furious five are being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    The Cosmic Cocks
    "We are travelers from the furthest regions of experience. Demons to some, Angels to others."

  5. #5
    Black Rascal for life!!! Funkenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    48,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconutfetus View Post
    also not sure if it has been posted but grand master flash and the furious five are being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

    BHM lives on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mother View Post
    Oh, and props to the DDM womens for lowering our already low expectations of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by djredeye View Post
    i dont care how good you are at something, im still not jumping on the American bandwagon of rewarding people for bad behavior or being a douchebag. Look whats its done to most of society. Now, because people see acting like that getting rewards, the world is overun with douchebags and bitches thinking behaving that way gets them what they want or respect. Sorry, it's lame.

  6. #6
    Dave Allardice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Addison
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    I've heard that one before. Great interview.


    When I opened for him at LL, Don called me that afternoon and asked me to come over there because Flash wanted to go through a few things with me so we didn't play the same stuff. I ended up hanging with him for several hours, rapping about records and old times, going through his, and even juggling the tables back and forth with each other. One of the greatest experiences ever. VERY cool cat.
    damn thats cool

  7. #7
    Roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    38,424
    Quote Originally Posted by shagnasty View Post
    damn thats cool
    words couldn't even describe the feeling of juggling Chic's 'Good Times' on the tables with the man who 'made the mix'. Breathtaking.
    Paved Groovement, Nervous, Eighth Dimension, Manuscript, Motion, Grab, Akashic, Space Walker...

    www.soundcloud.com/roos

  8. #8
    Dave Allardice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Addison
    Posts
    696
    stop! jealousy and envy's ripping right through me

  9. #9
    -m-
    -m- is offline
    -m-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,609
    Heard that today myself. Good stuff. I love NPR.
    http://soundcloud.com/rig-vader

    A rave is a dance party with electronic music. - The LA Times

Similar Threads

  1. GrandMASTER Flash!!!!
    By El Cártel Malo in forum Party Reviews
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-04-05, 05:27 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-05, 09:16 PM
  3. GRANDMASTER FLASH - Friday, September 30
    By JustMike in forum Events
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-30-05, 08:21 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-29-05, 08:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16