Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 29
new line dance track.. Black peoples?
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: new line dance track.. Black peoples?

  1. #1
    ONE FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Midtown
    Posts
    14,555

    new line dance track.. Black peoples?

    So there is this track I have heard a couple of times. First time I heard it was at nine7two. I was doin a promo set for Hennessey and there was mostly black folk there. As I get off, the resident puts on this little funky hiphop/RnBish song. EVERYONE on the floor all of a sudden start doin the same dance. Tripped me out. Its not the Electric Slide either

    What is it?

  2. #2
    Black Rascal for life!!! Funkenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    48,898
    Lyrics? Words? Rhythm? Any other type of hint other than "the BPs were doing this dance"?



    I have a few guesses, but I'd need more to go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mother View Post
    Oh, and props to the DDM womens for lowering our already low expectations of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by djredeye View Post
    i dont care how good you are at something, im still not jumping on the American bandwagon of rewarding people for bad behavior or being a douchebag. Look whats its done to most of society. Now, because people see acting like that getting rewards, the world is overun with douchebags and bitches thinking behaving that way gets them what they want or respect. Sorry, it's lame.

  3. #3
    ONE FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Midtown
    Posts
    14,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexual Chocolate View Post
    Lyrics? Words? Rhythm? Any other type of hint other than "the BPs were doing this dance"?



    I have a few guesses, but I'd need more to go on.
    I cant remember the lyrics.. Its real funky though. I've heard it played a few other places and you will always notice clusters of people doing the same dance. Some step-step-shake your butt kinda shit.

  4. #4
    HIAWATHA! transplant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,518
    Cupid "Cupid Shuffle"
    Saturday Struttin @ The Windmill Lounge 2nd and 4th Saturday

  5. #5
    Black Rascal for life!!! Funkenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    48,898
    Quote Originally Posted by transplant View Post
    Cupid "Cupid Shuffle"
    That was going to be my number one guess.

    Detroit represent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mother View Post
    Oh, and props to the DDM womens for lowering our already low expectations of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by djredeye View Post
    i dont care how good you are at something, im still not jumping on the American bandwagon of rewarding people for bad behavior or being a douchebag. Look whats its done to most of society. Now, because people see acting like that getting rewards, the world is overun with douchebags and bitches thinking behaving that way gets them what they want or respect. Sorry, it's lame.

  6. #6
    HIAWATHA! transplant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexual Chocolate View Post
    That was going to be my number one guess.

    Detroit represent!
    You know this, except at Carl Craig last Friday.
    Saturday Struttin @ The Windmill Lounge 2nd and 4th Saturday

  7. #7
    Black Rascal for life!!! Funkenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    48,898
    Quote Originally Posted by transplant View Post
    You know this, except at Carl Craig last Friday.
    I'm going to post a pic for you in UB in a sec.

    This moment is for you and all the other Detroitophiles.

    Incoming. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mother View Post
    Oh, and props to the DDM womens for lowering our already low expectations of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by djredeye View Post
    i dont care how good you are at something, im still not jumping on the American bandwagon of rewarding people for bad behavior or being a douchebag. Look whats its done to most of society. Now, because people see acting like that getting rewards, the world is overun with douchebags and bitches thinking behaving that way gets them what they want or respect. Sorry, it's lame.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    BigT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    1,029
    i didn`t know Detroit got down with the line dance, I`m originally from Baltimore and they have hella line dances we just call it club dance, i went to the club up there and every 5 songs i had to try and learn a new dance.

  10. #10
    HIAWATHA! transplant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,518
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    i didn`t know Detroit got down with the line dance, I`m originally from Baltimore and they have hella line dances we just call it club dance, i went to the club up there and every 5 songs i had to try and learn a new dance.
    Yes, a line dance will break out at "black" clubs in Detroit, but Rufus was inferring that because I am from Detroit, I am a little more "black" than your average white guy. It's all the techno soul.
    Saturday Struttin @ The Windmill Lounge 2nd and 4th Saturday

  11. #11
    Black Rascal for life!!! Funkenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    48,898
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    i didn`t know Detroit got down with the line dance, I`m originally from Baltimore and they have hella line dances we just call it club dance, i went to the club up there and every 5 songs i had to try and learn a new dance.
    Go to Youtube and look up the dance videos for the word "jit".

    INSANE moves.

    Quote Originally Posted by transplant View Post
    Yes, a line dance will break out at "black" clubs in Detroit, but Rufus was inferring that because I am from Detroit, I am a little more "black" than your average white guy. It's all the techno soul.
    It's true, though. Your wife wouldn't have it any other way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mother View Post
    Oh, and props to the DDM womens for lowering our already low expectations of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by djredeye View Post
    i dont care how good you are at something, im still not jumping on the American bandwagon of rewarding people for bad behavior or being a douchebag. Look whats its done to most of society. Now, because people see acting like that getting rewards, the world is overun with douchebags and bitches thinking behaving that way gets them what they want or respect. Sorry, it's lame.

  12. #12
    HIAWATHA! transplant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexual Chocolate View Post
    Go to Youtube and look up the dance videos for the word "jit".

    INSANE moves.



    It's true, though. Your wife wouldn't have it any other way.

    True on the jit.

    You know the wife loves my "darkness."

    PS Thanks for the pic of C2.
    Saturday Struttin @ The Windmill Lounge 2nd and 4th Saturday

Similar Threads

  1. RA: Breaks dominate first Amsterdam Dance Event line-ups
    By ddm-news in forum Nightlife & Dance Music News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-06, 03:00 PM
  2. RA: Dance Valley Weekender 2006 line-up announced
    By ddm-news in forum Nightlife & Dance Music News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-06, 08:00 PM
  3. Feedback on this track from the new Ultra Dance 6 CD?
    By dallasmale33 in forum Music / DJ / Producer Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-05, 05:23 PM
  4. New Track I am working on for Black Hole Recordings...
    By Pivot in forum Music / DJ / Producer Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-04, 11:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16