Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 29
the yearly question... What r u playing at midnight??!!!
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: the yearly question... What r u playing at midnight??!!!

  1. #1
    Roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    38,424

    the yearly question... What r u playing at midnight??!!!

    If you are DJing this year at midnight, what will you play at midnight?

    Will you stop the music to count down with the crowd on a mic?

    Will you just keep the music going and let them do their thing?

    Each year that I have played at midnight I try to produce a track or a remix that has the countdown in it so I don't have to touch the mic. I'll give it a 2:00 intro until midnight and then have some sort of produced piece that plays, announces the New Year, and then keeps the dancefloor going. That way I can start mixing it in at exactly 11:58 and then enjoy the festivities with everyone. This year Rick and I are working on a track together. Here's a piece of what we just started working on.

    http://www.pavedgroovement.com/music/Transfer/NYE.mp3

    I always like hearing what everyone's first song of a new year will be.
    Last edited by Roos; 11-21-08 at 11:20 AM.
    Paved Groovement, Nervous, Eighth Dimension, Manuscript, Motion, Grab, Akashic, Space Walker...

    www.soundcloud.com/roos

  2. #2
    a legend in my spare time Deff Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    North Dallas
    Posts
    23,033
    hopefully i won't be playing and will be hanging out with my chic and some good friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    free music @ iPodFood.com
    upload your music/dj sets here for possible inclusion on edgeclub & iPodFood


  3. #3
    Roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    38,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Deff Gordon View Post
    hopefully i won't be playing and will be hanging out with my chic and some good friends.
    I'll be doing that too. I'm playing from about 11:30 till 1 (before a VERY cool headliner to be announced soon) and then hanging the rest of the night.
    Paved Groovement, Nervous, Eighth Dimension, Manuscript, Motion, Grab, Akashic, Space Walker...

    www.soundcloud.com/roos

  4. #4
    Black Rascal for life!!! Funkenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    48,898
    IT'S RICK PRESTON guest starring Rick Preston!

    I knew it!



    I'm glad to not be in the DJ game. I like being in the mix rather than having to be "in the mix".

    Whatever the case may be, as long as you have Amy around, you'll be okay, Mike. I'll never forget the Slip Inn NYE from a few years back. You fools and the next day.

    Lord Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mother View Post
    Oh, and props to the DDM womens for lowering our already low expectations of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by djredeye View Post
    i dont care how good you are at something, im still not jumping on the American bandwagon of rewarding people for bad behavior or being a douchebag. Look whats its done to most of society. Now, because people see acting like that getting rewards, the world is overun with douchebags and bitches thinking behaving that way gets them what they want or respect. Sorry, it's lame.

  5. #5
    Roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    38,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexual Chocolate View Post
    IT'S RICK PRESTON guest starring Rick Preston!

    I knew it!



    I'm glad to not be in the DJ game. I like being in the mix rather than having to be "in the mix".

    Whatever the case may be, as long as you have Amy around, you'll be okay, Mike. I'll never forget the Slip Inn NYE from a few years back. You fools and the next day.

    Lord Jesus.

    hahaha. Not Rick. Not my party. But it will be announced on here soon and it's gonna be a great night.

    Which year at Slip Inn? I think we did three or four of those 48 hour parties. I don't remember much from them aside from playing for 9 hours straight and Rob getting kicked out on his own birthday. Damn. NY Day and your B-day at the same time. Glad it's not me.
    Paved Groovement, Nervous, Eighth Dimension, Manuscript, Motion, Grab, Akashic, Space Walker...

    www.soundcloud.com/roos

  6. #6
    dj michael todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Groov-e-Company
    Posts
    395
    You may remember this Roos ........ Mike Snow always did this crazy thing with a loop from Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight and counting down from a half minute before midnite. I always wondered how he did that since I never watched him actually do it, just hearing it on the floor.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    698
    isn't that the plastic dreams looped up? or a bucketheads loop? curious
    E-Z

  8. #8
    Roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    38,424
    Quote Originally Posted by nordburg View Post
    isn't that the plastic dreams looped up? or a bucketheads loop? curious
    It's a bit of both. Good ear.
    Paved Groovement, Nervous, Eighth Dimension, Manuscript, Motion, Grab, Akashic, Space Walker...

    www.soundcloud.com/roos

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a Dark Corridor
    Posts
    39,530
    No clue, not booked for anything yet.

  10. #10
    Roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    38,424
    Quote Originally Posted by dj michael todd View Post
    You may remember this Roos ........ Mike Snow always did this crazy thing with a loop from Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight and counting down from a half minute before midnite. I always wondered how he did that since I never watched him actually do it, just hearing it on the floor.
    I don't remember because I dunno if I was ever celebrating NYE when he was playing. I was usually playing somewhere, partying in the Montrose, or at a house party. Man... I forgot about that song though. Knowing Mike, he probably pre-produced it and played it back. I've still got some of his mixes. We really need to make a trip to Houston and go see him, JD Arnold, Wes @ Numbers, and Michael DeGrace.
    Paved Groovement, Nervous, Eighth Dimension, Manuscript, Motion, Grab, Akashic, Space Walker...

    www.soundcloud.com/roos

  11. #11
    brando calrissian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    I don't remember because I dunno if I was ever celebrating NYE when he was playing. I was usually playing somewhere, partying in the Montrose, or at a house party. Man... I forgot about that song though. Knowing Mike, he probably pre-produced it and played it back. I've still got some of his mixes. We really need to make a trip to Houston and go see him, JD Arnold, Wes @ Numbers, and Michael DeGrace.
    Id love to see Michael play again, its been ages. Heard him for YEARS growing up.

    JD Arnold, wow, talk about a LEGEND imo.

  12. #12
    Roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    38,424
    Quote Originally Posted by flynn View Post
    Id love to see Michael play again, its been ages. Heard him for YEARS growing up.

    JD Arnold, wow, talk about a LEGEND imo.
    I wanted to bring Michael up here, but I don't think he likes to travel.

    We gotta make a trip.
    Paved Groovement, Nervous, Eighth Dimension, Manuscript, Motion, Grab, Akashic, Space Walker...

    www.soundcloud.com/roos

  13. #13
    R.I.P. Pimp C J. Fees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    DEEP INSIDE
    Posts
    17,189
    not sure what i'm gonna drop this year, im playing at some benefit. luckily im done at 1 and got $$$. St Thomas in January!
    http://soundcloud.com/feezy33

    you can't change the system if you are not in the system.

  14. #14
    Administrator pascuall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    989
    maybe a CRUNK CUMBIA
    Tuesday's @ Kenichi
    and allover this biiiiAAAtch
    www.myspace.com/pascuall
    -------------------------------------

Similar Threads

  1. Yearly Name change..
    By Man Nub in forum Rules, Announcements, Help & FAQ
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-08, 01:25 AM
  2. YAY! Good Yearly Bonus.
    By HQ in forum Useless Blabber
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-07, 11:58 AM
  3. Yearly Coinage Earnings?
    By ZipperCream in forum Useless Blabber
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-07, 03:31 PM
  4. DJs - What will you be playing at the stroke of midnight?
    By JustMike in forum Music / DJ / Producer Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-05-05, 01:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16